Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra
So, how was the quiz? Not quite on par with Biochemical Engineering, to be sure, but it does for Christmas. I am writing this wondering if I actually had any "takers," but regardless, I decided to post the answers for you today as it is close enough to Christmas to be revelatory, but not so close to Christmas as to be entirely overlooked. (And just in case you're mildly curious, the title to this blog is a quirky rendition of the chorus to "Deck the Halls" as seen and heard in the final, hilarious, Chinese restaurant scene from A Christmas Story).
Just for the sake of summary, remember that there are twenty total quotes from ten separate films. Drum roll, please....
1. Christmas Vacation
2. A Charlie Brown Christmas
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
4. It's a Wonderful Life
5. A Christmas Story
6. Miracle on 34th Street
7. It's a Wonderful Life
8. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (animated television version)
9. A Christmas Carol (television version starring George C. Scott)
10. A Charlie Brown Christmas
11. White Christmas
12. The Nightmare Before Christmas
13. A Christmas Story
14. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (animated television version, starring Burl Ives as the narrating snowman and featuring the coolest character ever conceived for a made-for-TV special: Yukon Cornelius!)
15. White Christmas
16. A Charlie Brown Christmas
17. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (same as above)
18. A Christmas Story
19. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (same as above)
20. Christmas Vacation
I'd be curious to hear how you did, but I don't have prizes for the top achievers. Also, I'm not assigning grades (much like Evergreen University in my home-state, but that's beside the point).
Merry Christmas, dear friends. May it be blessed.